Redpaw PowerEdge 38k
Ideal nutrition for high-performance canine athletes under elevated exercise and stress. Designed for the most active dogs. It can also be added to our PowerEdge 32K and PowerEdge 26K formulas to increase the protein and fat levels, or to less expensive brands to improve their nutritional content. It also makes a great substitute for adding meat to a diet, and works well as a water bait, too.
When to use Redpaw PowerEdge 38K:
- high-stress situations
- intense training
- cold temperatures
- breeding, pregnant and whelping females
- when frozen meat supplements are hard to keep stable
- as a supplement to lower-quality dog food to give your dogs
the nutrition your current feed may lack
- dogs that have trouble keeping weight on
- trail or training snack; water bait
Redpaw PowerEdge 38K is formulated to meet the nutritional levels established by the AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profiles for all life stages of the dog.
Available in 40 lb. bags.
Crude Protein: Min 38%
Crude Fat: Min 25%
Crude Fiber: Max 3.5%
Moisture: Max 10%
Calculated Metabolizable Energy: 2093 Kcal/pound or 4605 Kcal/Kg
Calculated Energy Basis: 33% protein, 49% fat, 18% carbohydrate
Fish Meal, Chicken By-Product Meal, Poultry Fat (preserved with natural mixed tocopherols, rosemary extract, and citric acid), Brewers Rice, Corn Gluten Meal, Beet Pulp, Dried Egg Product, Pork Blood Meal, Flaxseed, Liver, Fish Oil, Coconut Oil, Canola Oil, Brewers Dried Yeast, Potassium Chloride, Salt, Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Bifidobacterium Longum, Lactobacillus Plantarnum, Lactobacillus Salivarius, Enterococcus Faecium, Vitamin A, D3, E, B12 Supplements, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Riboflavin, Thiamin Mononitrate, Folic Acid, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Biotin, Zinc Oxide, Iron Carbonate, Manganous Oxide, Copper Oxide, Cobalt Carbonate, Calcium Iodate, Sorbic Acid, Sodium Selenite.
Every dog's fuel and nutritional requirements are influenced by many factors including age, breed, weight, work, (also including temporary conditions like stress, temperature, etc.). A dog should normally be fed one time per day. Under conditions of high-energy output or stress (working dog, puppy, breeding dog) it may be beneficial to feed the dog two times per day. The working dogs digestion and performance could be improved if a portion of the daily feed ration is given in the morning. The remaining portion of the dog’s daily nutritional needs would then be fed in the evening (At least 6 hours after the first feeding of the day).
It is not necessary to do a gradual mix of Redpaw dog food and another brand. We recommend switching feeds directly from one to the other. We suggest that you monitor your dog’s weight and adjust the feeding amount as needed. A pregnant or nursing female will require 2-3x the amount listed below and is important to break this daily ration into more than one meal.
The addition of cold water to the feed just prior to feeding will increase palatability, provide the dog with fresh water, and aid in digestion and hydration. We recommend that you always provide your dog with free access to clean fresh water.
RECOMMENDED RATION FOR ADULT DOGS
Weight (lbs.) cups/day
30-40 1¼ to 1¾
40-60 1¾ to 2¼
60-80 2¼ to 2¾
80-100 2¾ to 3¼
(for puppies or pregnant females increase the ration as needed).
Usage suggestions and tips
- When replacing your current dry diet with Redpaw 38K we recommend you decrease your dogs current ration by 25% for the first 7-10 days and adjust as needed (this is assuming you are currently feeding a 30/20 formula).
- Feed dry, soaked, or with water.
- Mix with other dry dog food that has a lower protein and fat content. This is a cost effective way to increase the performance and nutrition of your dogs diet with out completely switching to a more expensive brand. Example: 1/4 ration PowerEdge 38K and 3/4 ration of current dog food, increase or decrease the amount of 38K as needed.
- Trail snack, checkpoint snack or training treat. A small handful (less than 1 oz.) dropped on the ground or snow or in the water dish during and after a training session. Great when rewarding training dogs; a reward that is healthy and nutritional.
- Cold soaking kibble is a convenient way to add water to your dog's diet, increase the palatability of the dry dog food, and give the probiotics a head start. Simply place the amount of Redpaw 38K you would like to feed in a suitable container. Add enough cold water to float the kibble (a 8:7 ratio of dog food:water ex. 8 scoops kibble:7 scoops water). Push kibble down into water. Allow to soak for 2-12 hours (All or most water should be absorbed, kibble will swell but will retain it's shape and be easily scooped) Feed as a meal, trail snack or a supplemental meal.
- Water bait. Add dry kibble to cool or warm water (never hot) and allow to soak (use approx 1 cup kibble/gallon water). Water dogs as normal. Another method is to add cool water to your dogs dish and add a small amount of kibble to the water and allow dog to drink. If desired you can take the Redpaw 38K and crush a small amount to use as your water bait.
Please Note: This online store is intended for small purchases of individually boxed bags. You can save money by buying from a Redpaw Dealer when available.
This product can also be purchased online from K9Cuisine.com with free shipping on orders over $50. Eastern US customers can also order from SportDogFood.com with free shipping on orders over $35. K9Cusine and SportDogFood.com are resellers of Redpaw products and are not afiliated with Redpaw Inc.